Sam & Kathy Elliott Graduate Scholarship
The TILF is proud to announce the Sam & Kathy Elliott Graduate Scholarship. This award will allow TILF Scholars from 1A and 2A high schools to receive additional scholarship funding toward their graduate studies at Texas colleges. The awards are valued at $10,000 each, payable $2,500 each semester for two years.
To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:
- student must have graduated from a 1A or 2A high school in Texas
- student must have received a TILF scholarship in 2015 or later
- student must be entering a full-time accredited in-person graduate program in fall 2019 (no online degree programs)
- student must attend graduate school at a college or university other than The University of Texas at Austin
Applications for these awards will be accepted online on this page from February 1 through March 31, 2019. The application will include two required essays of 250-350 words each, which must be handwritten in cursive:
- How can compound interest be beneficial to someone between their 22nd and 30th birthdays?
- How can compound interest be detrimental to someone between their 22nd and 30th birthdays?
Two scholarships will be awarded to applicants from 1A schools and two will be awarded to applicants from 2A schools. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April 2019.
Any questions regarding the Elliott Graduate Scholarship may be directed to Trudy Richards, TILF Executive Director, at email@example.com or 512-382-0916.