The 2017 TILF Scholarship application deadline was May 12, 2017. Students competing in late speech contests may amend their applications by emailing placement updates to email@example.com by May 24, 2017.
All applicants will be notified of their status by mail in mid-July 2017.
If you have any questions, please review our FAQ page and/or contact our office at 512-382-0916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that students need only submit one application to be considered for all applicable scholarships.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation immediately upon submission and will also receive notification of their status in late July. Please contact Trudy Richards, TILF Executive Director, at email@example.com or 512-382-0916 with any questions.
Important Steps to a Successful Application:
1. Complete all required fields on the application. (Note: Welch Foundation and Red Oak Foundation applicants must also complete an additional statement.)
2. Have the following items on-hand to upload. If you do not include these items, your application will be incomplete and will not be considered.
- A transcript from your high school which lists your SAT and/or ACT scores. If your transcript does not include test scores, include a screenshot or scanned copy of your results from the College Board and/or ACT.
- A letter of recommendation from one of the following school administrators: superintendent, principal, assistant principal, UIL coach, or counselor.
- A copy of the first two pages of your parent(s) or guardian's most recent IRS form 1040. Social security numbers and bank routing numbers should be blacked out. If this form is unavailable, provide a letter of explanation from your parent, guardian, or one of the school administrators listed above.
All items must be submitted by May 12, 2017. Due to the late competition date of some of the UIL speech contests, applicants competing in those contests may email updates to their application through May 24, 2017.
Late applications will not be considered. Submitting multiple applications does not improve your chances of being selected for a scholarship. If you submit multiple applications, only the most recent one will be used.
If you have questions or concerns about applying or need to make changes to your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by mail in mid-July.