Below are the criteria our board members and donors use for scholarship selections, but it's important to note that participating or even placing first in a UIL academic event does not automatically qualify a student, it just makes them eligible to apply. Consideration is based partly, though not entirely on the following factors:
1. Successful academic performance demonstrated by high grade point average and rank in high school graduating class;
2. Need for financial assistance;
3. High college entrance exam scores;
4. Successful participation in UIL academic competition;
5. Plans to enroll for the fall semester in an accredited college or university in the state of Texas and;
6. Community involvement.